- Northeast Arc Receives Autism Community Impact Grant From Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation For Autism For $10,000
- Mark Fischer Appointed to Northeast Arc Board of Directors
- How You Can Protect Government Benefits With A Special Needs Trust
- “Everybody can find a place” at Northeast Arc’s The Caning Company
- Nate Gravel Appointed to Northeast Arc Board of Directors
Northeast Arc was founded in 1954 by parents of children with developmental disabilities who wanted to raise their sons and daughters as full members of the community. By having the courage to challenge professionals who told them their children could not be educated and would not live to become adults, these parents created the systems that enabled them to attend public schools, develop friendships, reside in the neighborhoods of their choice and to earn a paycheck. Over the years, our programs have expanded to support children and adults with a broader range of disabilities, including autism and physical disabilities. Today we serve thousands of people in nearly 200 cities and towns across Massachusetts. The goal of the Northeast Arc is to ensure that children and adults with disabilities are able to live, work, engage in civic life and play in the community.