Northeast Arc raised more than $600,000 to support its life-changing programs during An Evening of Changing Lives Under the Stars at Encore Boston Harbor. More than 400 people packed the Encore’s South Lawn for a fun evening celebrating inclusion for people with disabilities. Nancy Huntington Stager, President and CEO of Eastern Bank Foundation, received the Changing Lives Award in recognition of her efforts to promote equity and inclusion for people of all abilities. Nancy’s award, Salem Harbor, was painted by ArcWorks artist Meghan Scire. Northeast Arc also recognized Marylou Sudders, Massachusetts’ outgoing Secretary of Health and Human Services, for her commitment to supporting people with disabilities during her tenure. Secretary Sudders received pottery painted by ArcWorks artist Kara Moccia. Encore Boston Harbor, Eastern Bank Foundation, and PLAN of Massachusetts and Rhode Island served as the event’s main sponsors. Visit the event website to see all of our sponsors.
The highlight of the evening was an inclusive fashion show where individuals supported by Northeast Arc walked the runway with local celebrities. Jenny Holaday, president and CEO of Encore Boston Harbor, served as honorary fashion show chair and walked with her daughter, Scout Delicato, and Jackson Skane, an autism advocate. The other model pairings were:
- RoAnn Costin, President, Wilderness Point Investments, Advisory Board member, with Humphrey Muna, STEP, Shredding Employee
- Lauren Baker, First Lady of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, with Anis Slimane, Autism Support Center
- Joan McGrath, PLAN of MA & RI Executive Director, with Walker Smith, Journeys, Recreation
- Josh and Becca Kraft, Kraft Family Foundation, with Whitney Brown, STEP, Employment
- Jim Palleschi, HUB International, with Maude Lahey, STEP, Art & Create, Employment
- Katie Billingsley and Keri McGloin, Rock The Spectrum, with Natalie and Rose, Autism Support Center
- Heidi Ellard, Board Vice Chair Boxford Elementary Schools Trust, with Brett Gray, STEP, Employment
- Candace Perreault, Rock The Spectrum, with Adam Shields, Recreation
- Julie Rainer Cummings, Board Member, Sibling Advocate, with Lisa Rainer, Deaf Services, Shredding Employee
- Cassie D’orio Autism Advocate, with Joey D’orio, Early Intervention, Autism Advocate
- Carolina Trujillo, Eastern Bank Foundation, Vice President, Volunteer Engagement Director, with Ava Cavallaro, Recreation, Young Women’s Group
- Marylou Sudders, Secretary of Health and Human Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, with Mike Price, Residential, Recreation, Employment
- Chris Wayland, NBC10 Boston President and General Manager, with Anna Bruzesse, Northeast Clinical Services
- Dr. Patrick Tutwiler, Superintendent, Lynn Public Schools, Board member, with Elizabeth Chaisson, Residential, STEP, Art & Design, Employment
- Andrew O’Donnell, General Manager Lifetime Fitness, walking with Will Sutherland, Employment
- James White, New England Patriots Player, with Bill Tebo, Residential, Independent Living
Following the fashion show, lucky attendees had a chance to donate for the opportunity to catch a football thrown by James White.
Visit Northeast Arc’s Flickr page to view more photos from the event. You can also see more images on Bill Brett’s website. If you have photos of your own to share, be sure to tag Northeast Arc on Facebook and Instagram.
You can also donate now to support Northeast Arc programs that support thousands of individuals with disabilities across Massachusetts.
Photos: Chris Galbadis, Andrew Browning