Are you the parent or guardian of a teen or young adult ages 14 to 22 looking for support as you prepare your loved one for a fulfilling life beyond school? Please join us!
Our special guest speaker will be the North Shore Area DDS Transition Coordinator. We will discuss:
• The difference between a Transition Coordinator and a traditional Adult Service Coordinator
• General timeline for parents
• Relating to the 688 process
• DDS adult eligibility
• The difference between child/adult eligibility and autism only criteria
• IEP vs. ISP processes
• How the Transition Coordinator works with families, students and school districts to plan for a seamless transition from high school to the adult world.
A light supper will be provided.