- PLAN of MA & RI is Named Preferred Special Needs Planning Partner of Northeast Arc
- Boston Globe Story Features Northeast Arc Autism Dads Group
- Northeast Arc’s parcels Featured on WCVB’s 5 for Good
- Kraft Family Supports Social Equity for People Of All Abilities With A $125,000 Challenge Grant To Northeast Arc’s First-Ever Capital Campaign
- Jo Ann Simons Recognized as ‘Advocate Hero’ by EP Magazine
Northeast Arc was founded in 1954 by parents of children with developmental disabilities who wanted to raise their sons and daughters as full members of the community. By having the courage to challenge professionals who told them their children could not be educated and would not live to become adults, these parents created the systems that enabled them to attend public schools, develop friendships, reside in the neighborhoods of their choice and to earn a paycheck. Over the years, our programs have expanded to support children and adults with a broader range of disabilities, including autism and physical disabilities. Today we serve approximately 8,000 people in nearly 190 cities and towns. The goal of the Northeast Arc is to ensure that children and adults with disabilities are able to live, work, engage in civic life and play in the community. We work toward that goal by offering a wide variety of programs including Autism Services, Day Habilitation, Deaf Services, Early Intervention, Employment Services, Family Support, Personal Care Assistance, Recreation, Residential and Transition Services.